CSES Module 2 Data Set Errata
Posted: December 15, 2004
Updates made to the Advance Release of December 15, 2004, since the Advance Release of May 1, 2003
The files released on December 15, 2004 contain additions, updates, and improvements to the first advance release of May 1, 2003. Please do not use files from the May 1, 2003 release with files from the December 15, 2004 release. Variable names and attributes, as well as the data, have sometimes been changed.
Some of the updates were as follows:
- Eight (8) election studies were added: Czech Republic 2002, a second Germany 2002 study (a mail-back study), Israel 2003, Mexico 2003, Norway 2001, Sweden 2002, Switzerland 2003, and Taiwan 2001.
- Macro variables were created and data coded for all election studies for which a Macro Report was available.
- The documentation has been significantly updated.
- During processing, some issues were identified and fixed for data that already appeared in the first advance release. We are unable to detail all such improvements here. However, some examples are:
- In variable B5002 (PERCENT SEATS – LOWER HOUSE) for Hungary, percent of seats won by PARTY A was attributed to PARTY B. Additionally, the entry for PARTY A reported percent of seats obtained by the coalition of PARTY B and PARTY F. These issues have been corrected in the current release.
- In variable B3014 (WHO PEOPLE VOTE FOR MAKES A DIFFERENCE) for Germany and Hungary, the scales were reversed. This has been corrected in the current release.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be glad to assist you.